Our government is committed to improving public transit in the City of Ottawa. Not only will it improve the quality of life of our commuters, but it’s also good for the environment.
Our investment of $600 million to support light rail in Ottawa is the largest single investment in transit infrastructure in Ottawa’s history.
Since 2003, the McGuinty government has invested:
- $912.5 million in public transit
- $27 million in 2008 in capital funding for transit
- More than $155 million in gas tax funding since 2003
- More than $70 million in bus replacement and upgrades funding since 2003
- $10 million in funding for transitway improvements
- Over $200 million for the widening of Highway 417 from Nicholas Street to Ottawa Road 174