The Ontario government has been working hard to support our seniors, and to provide the resources and protection they need to live healthy and dignified lives.
Every senior deserves to retire with dignity. The Ontario government recognizes that seniors have worked hard all their lives, and deserve financial stability in retirement.
Recent investments in taxes and health care include:
- Up to $500 per year for seniors through the Seniors’ Property Tax Grant
- Up to an additional $270 per year through the Ontario Property Tax Credit
- Up to $260 per year from the new Ontario Sales Tax Credit for low- and middle-income seniors
- A Harmonized Sales Tax structure to help make Ontario more competitive, create jobs and stimulate the economy
- An Aging at Home Strategy: $700 million to increase services and community supports to help seniors live with dignity in their own homes
- Investing in our local hospitals – including building two new cancer centres, an expanded critical care wing at the Ottawa Hospital and more money for key surgeries