Our government has been working hard with our partners to improve our city’s infrastructure. We have invested heavily in improving our hospitals, schools, public transit, roads and other municipal infrastructure.
In addition to strong investments in public transit infrastructure in Ottawa, the government is supporting better infrastructure by:
- Investing more than half a billion dollars in expansions at our local hospitals since 2003.
- Along with our partners, committing more than $400 million in Stimulus funding, including investments in the Strandherd Bridge, and roadway expansions.
- Since 2003, investing more than $500 million in road and bridgework throughout the region.
- Together with our partners, investing more than $200 million in stimulus projects at Ottawa’s four post secondary institutions
- Putting $600 million on the table for Ottawa’s Light Rail Project.