We have invested over half a billion dollars in expansions and improvements at our local hospitals.
We are proud of our commitment to health care in Ottawa – a commitment that has seen more than half a billion dollars in health care infrastructure, and a 40 per cent increase in operating funds for health care.
- There has been a crane at every hospital
- We have built a new regional cancer centre – with sites at the Ottawa Hospital and the Queensway Carleton Hospital.
- We have built a new Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre
- We have built a new critical care wing at the Ottawa Hospital
- There is a new ER and new operating rooms at the Queensway Carleton Hospital
- A new wing has opened at CHEO – the Garry Cardiff Wing.
- Expanded newborn screening for all Ontario newborns is based at CHEO
- We fund 90 per cent of the operating costs at Roger’s House
- The Montfort Hospital has nearly doubled in size since 2003
- Five new MRI machines in Ottawa-area hospitals since 2003