The Ontario government recognizes that one of our province’s most valuable resources is our students. That is why our government is investing in our students through improved facilities and programs at our local universities.
Together with our partners there is more than $200 million invested in stimulus projects at Ottawa’s four post secondary institutions.
Our government has been investing in post-secondary education through:
- A $15 million investment in the University of Ottawa to expand their health sciences program
- Provincial funding of $35 million for the Algonquin College Centre for Construction Excellence
- More than $26 million for Carleton University’s Interdisciplinary Academic Building to promote and pioneer cutting-edge research
- $13 million for La Cite for the Emergency Training Centre 911 Institute to bring together emergency training and five related programs
- $50 million for the University of Ottawa’s Vanier Hall Renovation and Tower Addition to increase research and training opportunities
- Increased funding to Ottawa’s post-secondary institutions by 20 per cent since 2003